The “Western Canadian Ringette Championships Legacy Scholarship” is awarded to a Ringette player who is a current or former resident of Calgary, is attending a Canadian post-secondary institute on a full-time basis, and who combines academic excellence with a strong commitment to the sport of Ringette.
Applicants are required to fill out the Application Form which includes details of their Ringette career and volunteer experience. Proof of attendance at a Canadian post-secondary institution is required.
Two yearly $1000 scholarships will be awarded at the Ringette Calgary Annual General Meeting in May of each season.
The deadline to submit an application for the 2016-17 School Year is April 1, 2017.
- The applicant must be enrolled full-time and currently attending a recognized Canadian post-secondary Institution. (ie. universities, community colleges, technical institutions)
- The applicant must be registered to play Ringette in the current playing season.
- Applicants must have resided and registered within Ringette Calgary Association (Zone 3) as a player for at least 5 seasons. (BV, SCalgary, NW, CalEast, AA, CORA)
- Applicants will be scored based on their commitment to the sport of Ringette through playing, coaching, officiating and other volunteer activities as well as school and community participation and service.
- You may apply for the scholarship annually but are only eligible to win the scholarship one time.
Instructions for Applying:
- Download the Application form here.
- Complete the form and save it as “YourName.xlsx”
- Complete “Applicant Information” below.
- Upload proof of enrollment.
- Upload your completed Application form.