The “Western Canadian Ringette Championships Legacy Scholarship” is awarded to a Ringette player who is a current or former resident of Calgary, is attending a Canadian post-secondary institute on a full-time basis, and who combines academic excellence with a strong commitment to the sport of Ringette.
Applicants are required to fill out the Application Form which includes details of their Ringette career and volunteer experience. Proof of attendance at a Canadian post-secondary institution is required.
Two yearly $1000 scholarships will be awarded at the Ringette Calgary Annual General Meeting in May of each season.
The Application form will be available on or by March 1st.
The deadline to submit an application for the 2017-18 School Year is April 1, 2018.
- The applicant must be enrolled full-time and currently attending a recognized Canadian post-secondary Institution. (ie. universities, community colleges, technical institutions)
- The applicant must be registered to play Ringette in the current playing season.
- Applicants must have resided and registered within Ringette Calgary Association (Zone 3) as a player for at least 5 seasons. (BV, SCalgary, NW, CalEast, AA, CORA)
- Applicants will be scored based on their commitment to the sport of Ringette through playing, coaching, officiating and other volunteer activities as well as school and community participation and service.
- You may apply for the scholarship annually but are only eligible to win the scholarship one time.