Respect In Sport Activity Leader Course
The Respect In Sport (RIS) – Activity Leader course is an on-line training course for coaches and sport leaders. It is designed as a tool to assist coaches in identifying and dealing with abuse, neglect, harassment, and bullying in sport. The on-line, self-guided course takes approximately 2.5 hours to complete and has been designed with flexibility in mind. Once started the course can be stopped, saved and resumed at your convenience. RIS-Activity Leader certification is issued and valid for 5 years once the online course is completed. RIS-Activity Leader certification is fully transferable to any other sports program (i.e. Calgary Minor Hockey, Calgary Minor Soccer) using the same RIS certification program. If you already hold RIS-Activity Leader certification from another sport, please follow the “Program Access Instructions” below.
Please ensure that this is completed prior to the November 30th deadline and note that only another Activity Leader certificate number is valid – it can’t be a Respect in Sport Parent Program Certificate.The cost of the program is $30.00 per team staff member and all team staff on your TRF must complete the course.Payment must be made when you register for the course through the RIS website (see below).
Course completion REQUIRED for ALL CALGARY TEAM STAFF 18 years of age and over by November 30th
Please note, this requirement is for all RINGETTE CALGARY teams and not for teams registered through CORA
Failure to complete the course on or by November 30 will result in the following:
Any team staff member not in compliance will automatically be suspended effective December 1st and shall remain suspended until they have completed the course.
Instructions for Completing the Course:
Respect in Sport for Ringette Calgary
Program Access Instructions:
- If you have an existing Activity Leader certificate, select “Import a Certificate” and follow the prompts
- If you have an existing profile in any other Respect Group program, select “No User Profile? Register Now” and then “Look-Up”
- If this is your first time registering for a Respect Group Program, select “No User Profile? Register Now” followed by “Register”
- Complete registration and select “Submit” at the bottom of the page and you will be directed to the payment page
- On the payment page, click Pay Now, or Enter a Pre-Registration Code if you have been provided one by your organization
- Once the payment has been processed, you will be directed to the Home Page of the program
- To re-access the program, return to the same URL indicated above and enter the username and password created during registration
- Respect Group programs run most effectively on traditional PC and MAC computers using any common browser. iOS and Android mobile devices may be used with third-party browsers such as the Puffin Browser available via the App Store or the Google Play store. If using mobile devices, it is recommended you connect via wifi and not a cellular connection as the programs are multimedia in nature
- Numerous Customer Support tools are available for any questions you may have before login as well as within the program. Prior to logging in you will see buttons to retrieve usernames and passwords, and to look up your certificate number. Inside the program, the Help button is available to connect you with a Customer Support Representative