Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders offers a highly engaging and easy to use internet-based training course for sport leaders of all levels; (recreational, competitive and elite). The intent of this required training is to:
- Empower and educate youth leaders/coaches on the prevention of bullying, abuse, harassment and discrimination (BAHD)
- Build a holistic culture of respect within the sport community
- Provide fundamental training tools which enable ALL coaches and youth leaders to become even better role models for the young athletes in their care
Respect In Sport Activity Leader Course
The Respect In Sport (RIS) - Activity Leader course is an on-line, self-guided course that takes approximately 2.5 hours in total to complete. RIS’ online learning tool is designed with flexibility in mind to fit your schedule. Once started the course can be stopped, saved and resumed at any point prior to required completion date of November 30th.
RIS-Activity Leader certification is issued and valid for 5 years once the online course is completed. RIS-Activity Leader certification is fully transferable to any other sports program (i.e. Calgary Minor Hockey, Calgary Minor Soccer) using the same RIS certification program. If you already hold RIS-Activity Leader certification from another sport, please follow the instructions below to import your existing certificate into the Ringette Calgary database.
The cost of the program is $30.00 (plus GST) per team staff member. Payment must be made when you register for the course through the RIS website (see below).
Instructions for Completing the Course:
Respect in Sport for Ringette Calgary
Program Access Instructions:
- If you have an existing Activity Leader certificate, select "Import a Certificate" and follow the prompts
- If you have an existing profile in any other Respect Group program, select "No User Profile? Register Now" and then "Look-Up"
- If this is your first time registering for a Respect Group Program, select "No User Profile? Register Now" followed by "Register"
- Complete registration and select "Submit" at the bottom of the page and you will be directed to the payment page
- On the payment page, click Pay Now, or Enter a Pre-Registration Code if you have been provided one by your organization
- Once the payment has been processed, you will be directed to the Home Page of the program
- To re-access the program, return to the same URL indicated above and enter the username and password created during registration
- Respect Group programs run most effectively on traditional PC and MAC computers using any common browser. iOS and Android mobile devices may be used with third-party browsers such as the Puffin Browser available via the App Store or the Google Play store. If using mobile devices, it is recommended you connect via wifi and not a cellular connection as the programs are multimedia in nature
- Numerous Customer Support tools are available for any questions you may have before login as well as within the program. Prior to logging in you will see buttons to retrieve usernames and passwords, and to look up your certificate number. Inside the program, the Help button is available to connect you with a Customer Support Representative