Want to become a referee??
- Great pay starting at $26 / game
- Keep in shape
- Meet new friends
- Give something back to the game
- Have FUN !
Expectations of New Officials:
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Willing to commit to a minimum of one game per week (4/month, 20/year)
- Willing to officiate 1-2 games at the Esso Golden Ring tournament scheduled around your own games
- Outgoing, not afraid to blow your whistle! Willing to call penalties
- Excited to become an Official in Ringette Calgary!!
New Referee Training Program
- Complete an online learning moduleAttend a half-day clinic which includes 1 hour of on-ice instruction
- Receive 2 to 3 “mentored” games, which includes a senior ref on the ice with two new refs
- New officials are given a casebook and are expected to read it and learn the rules (it takes years to learn all the rules, but the casebook is a good start!)
- Each new official should receive at least 1 evaluation in their first or second season
- Attend a 2 hour development meeting the second Tuesday of February
- Attend development meetings every September and February on a go-forward basis
Now accepting applications until May 31, 2017.
All applicants will be contacted informing them of their application status by the end of July. The mandatory Level 1 clinic has not yet been scheduled, but we will notify successful applicants of the date, time and location once available. Successful applicants are expected to complete an online module prior to attending the clinic, attend the half-day clinic and complete an online exam, no exceptions. New officials are also required to attend a mid-season referee meeting the first week of February, so be prepared to attend a 3 hour Monday or Tuesday night training session.
If you were unsuccessful this year or missed the application deadline, we encourage you to try again next year.
If you wish to know more about becoming an official or the upcoming Level 1 Clinics, please contact Kristi at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.